Dynamic and modular application platform
Peergreen Application Platform provides a development and deployment environment of right sized servers with a core low footprint kernel surrounded by "a la carte" middleware and business code. Peergreen Application Platform provides a range of services such as : a developer studio, application stores, centralized management and cloud services . Several deployment options are supported : on-premises data-centers , on IaaS clouds as PaaS and in resource constrained embedded systems. Peergreen Application Plaforms usages are multiple according to the applications needs, for instance: Web Application Servers (WAS), Enterprise Information Servers (EIS) , Internet of Things Servers (IoTS).
- Multi-tenant OSGi: OSGi R5 gateway (Eclipse Equinox or Apache Felix) enhanced with service component model (Apache iPOJO) and OSGi Subsystems (Apache Aries) to ensure data and service isolation between users.
- Task Orchestration: Scalable tasks executor (parallel & sequential) to implement various activities and used internally by the deployment system.
- Solver: Requirement / capability solver, eg. to check application meta-data against the current context (available services, environment setting, ...).
- Logging: Flexible message logging (error, debug) with file or console output. based.
- Shell: Expandable and dynamic command line interface with history, completion and SSH support. based.
- Deployment System: High performance deployment service, multi-phases architecture to process any type of deployable, user hooks (pre-deploy, post-deploy, ...), composite application (several bundles) support with deployment plan and dependencies model, persistent state support, remote deployment support with url or maven repository client.
- Configuration Repository: Configuration file management with versioning support enabling safe modifications.
- Security: Authentication and authorization, based on Java EE and OSGi security models.
- Development tooling : Eclipse & maven plugins. Arquillian & Pax Exam support.
- A builder (service factory) to develop and integrate your critical business applications
- Repository for middleware and application services
- Application stores can be public or private. Developers use application stores at build time to compose " a la carte" right sized application stacks.
- Centralized Administration tool of Peergreen PaaS that provides technical and functional capabilities for servers management.
- Rapid and automatic provisioning;
- Reliable deployment system for applications;
- Adaptive monitoring framework;
- Automatic behaviors to ensure the application’s elasticity and high availability (self-scaling , self-healing);
- All the management services are accessible from a REST based interface, as well as a web user interface or a CLI.
They control part of infrastructure resources belonging to different models of IaaS clouds:
- public clouds;
- private clouds constructed with data-center infrastructures;
- hybrid clouds that interconnect at least one private cloud and one public cloud.
Peergreen cloud services comprise:
- services to handle Peergreen server packages: adding or updating components, management of test and pre-production environment and management of industrialization;
- placement of Peergreen servers in IaaS computing resources (e.g. virtual machine).
- provisioning services;
- elasticity to dynamically adjust the infrastructure resources required by an application;
- integrity services;
- continuity services;
- supervision (control center feature) of:
- infrastructure resources used by the applications;
- the applications.
- Management tools (control center feature): catalog of services, portal, métrics, billing…